There are 17 days left in The 50 in 52 Project Reading Challenge Fundraiser for RAINN.org! Won’t you please sponsor me? Click here to join in: http://bit.ly/50in52Project! Info after the question below!
A QUESTION FOR READERS: The list of the 50 books in The 50 in 52 Project is pasted below. If you had made this reading list, which books would you add & remove, keeping it at 50 titles?
INFO: The 50 in 52 Project Reading Challenge is a fundraiser for RAINN.org (Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network). I challenged myself to read 50 books in 1 year (6/1/18 to 6/1/19). I’m asking folks to sponsor me by pledging a dollar amount per book I read. You choose the amount. Sponsors don’t have to pay anything until after the Challenge finishes (6/1/19).
To make a one-time donation, go HERE.
Click HERE for all the 50 in 52 Project blog posts.
THE READING LIST
Rules of the Reading List:
- Only modern fiction (from 1800 to present): novels, novellas, short stories, short story collections, plays, screenplays, or graphic novels
- Only books written in English
- Only one work per author
All the books listed are novels or novellas unless otherwise indicated.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (1813)
- Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (1818)
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë (1847)
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (1847)
- 25 selected short stories by Edgar Allan Poe (1832-1849)
- The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne (1851)
- Moby-Dick by Herman Melville (1851)
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins (1860)
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (1861)
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (1865)
- Middlemarch by George Eliot (1872)
- The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James (1881)
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (1884)
- Tess of the d’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy (1891)
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad (1899)
- Howards End by E. M. Forester (1910)
- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce (1916)
- My Ántonia by Willa Cather (1918)
- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (1920)
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (1925)
- Dalloway by Virginia Woolf (1925)
- The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway (1926)
- Lady Chatterley’s Lover by T. H. Lawrence (1928)
- As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner (1930)
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston (1937)
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (1939)
- A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams (1947; a play)
- The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger (1951)
- The End of the Affair by Graham Greene (1951)
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison (1952 – NOT the science-fiction novel)
- The Crucible by Arthur Miller (1953; a play)
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov (1955)
- The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien (originally published in 3 volumes 1954-1955)
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac (1957)
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (1960)
- The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon (1966)
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut (1969)
- Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison (1977)
- Sophie’s Choice by William Stryon (1979)
- Where I’m Calling From by Raymond Carver (1988; short story collection)
- Watchmen by Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons (1988; a graphic novel)
- A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving (1989)
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt (1992)
- Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon (1995)
- Charming Billy by Alice McDermott (1997)
- The Hours by Michael Cunningham (1998)
- Shakespeare in Love by Marc Norman and Tom Stoppard (1998; a screenplay)
- Blonde by Joyce Carol Oates (2000)
- We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver (2003)
- Room by Emma Donoghue (2010)
I NEED YOUR HELP!
Can 1 more person sponsor me today please?
As of now, I have 9 sponsors and 15 page Likes for my 50 in 52 Project Reading Challenge fundraiser. My personal goal by the 3rd book was 10 sponsors.
To sponsor me, click HERE. I challenged myself to read 50 books in 1 year to benefit RAINN. You can sponsor me by pledging any $ amount you like per book read—and you don’t have to pay until after 6/1/19.
This is a GREAT cause—all proceeds benefit RAINN.org (RAPE, ABUSE, INCEST NATIONAL NETWORK), an organization that helps those whose voices are often silenced or ignored.
If you get a chance, could you please accept my invitation and Like my 50 in 52 Facebook page? Thank you!
A war on Christmas? Nope! Let a lexicographer explain…